Father's Day Poems, Happy Father's Day Poems

Happy Fathers's Day

This Father’s Day, pay tribute to dad (or grandpa, or any father figure) with a poem that says just how you feel. But if you’re not a poet, fear not: Let our curated collection of Father’s Day poems and passages inspire that perfect greeting card or social media tribute, whether you want your message to be poignant, inspirational, grateful, or just plain funny. Our list includes a diverse range of excerpts, so you can find just the right words to express the depth of your love and admiration for him. While we express our appreciation and love for our Fathers all year long, Fathers Day is the one day that we should make Dad feel like a king and recognize all he has done for us.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY POEMS :

Best Dad
Poet: Julie Hebert, © 2018


I have a very special Dad
One which I would never trade.
He is kind and considerate too
He makes me laugh when I am blue.

He has had his share of ups and downs
But he determined he is and holds his ground.
His family is important to him
And when he is with them he has a grin.

He loves us just the way we are
He is the best Dad by far!




A Father We Have In You
Poet: Julie Hebert, © 2017


A father, a dad,
Sometimes happy or mad.
Can be playful and fun,
Mostly happy and glad.

Can give tickles or hugs,
Or give us a stern talking to.
Love everlasting,
No matter what we do.

He can be funny at times,
And serious when stern.
He is so smart and wise,
So many things from him we learn.

We are thankful for our father,
In all circumstances too.
We couldn't ask for a better father,
As the one we have in you!





Life Lessons
Poet : Joanna Fuchs

You may have thought I didn't see,
Or that I hadn't heard,
Life lessons that you taught to me,
But I got every word.

Perhaps you thought I missed it all,
And that we'd grow apart,
But Dad, I picked up everything,
It's written on my heart.

Without you, Dad, I wouldn't be
The person I am today;
You built a strong foundation
No one can take away.

I've grown up with your values,
And I'm very glad I did;
So here's to you, dear father,
From your forever grateful kid.





My Hero
Poet : Joanna Fuchs

You are my hero, Dad
You're my secure foundation.
When I think of you, I'm filled with love
And fond appreciation.

You make me feel protected;
I'm sheltered by your care.
You're always my true friend; and Dad,
When I need you, you're always there.

You have a place of honor
Deep within my heart.
You've been my superhero, Dad,
Right from the very start.



Four Simple Words
Poet: Herbert Parker


His little arms crept 'round my neck,
And then I heard him say,
Four simple words I can't forget,
Four words that made me pray.

They turned a mirror on my soul,
On secrets no one knew,
They startled me, I hear them yet,
He said, "I'll be like you!"




I Understand Now
Poet: Edgar A. Guest


Used to wonder just why Father,
Never had much time to play;
Used to wonder why he'd rather
Work each minute of the day.

Boys are blind to much that's going
On about them every day,
And I had no way of knowing
What became of Father's pay.

All I knew was when I needed
shoes I got 'em on the spot;
Everything for which I pleaded,
Somehow Father always got.

Wondered season after season
Why he never took a rest,
And that I might be the reason
That I never even guessed.

Rest has come - his task is ended,
Calm is written on his brow,
Father's life was big and splendid,
And I understand it now.


The King
Poet : Joanna Fuchs

Dad, I'm admiring you today;
You're the strength of our home—the king.
The guy to seek for advice and help,
Who can do most anything.

I look up to you, and respect you, Dad,
More than I can say.
I love you, Dad, and I hope you have
A Happy Father's Day!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 100 Most Famous Quotes of All Time by Great Leaders